Wanted opinions on the new Transparent "MM"

Have been a fan and used Transparent for many years. Recently have done trials on Ultra and Reference interconnects, the new MM versions, and feel like they're generally of less quality both construction wise and sonically. Particularly did head to head of Reference with XL and new Reference MM and it seemed older cable was clearly better. I'd be very insterested to hear other people's experience in this regard.
Ag insider logo xs@2xmdishler
i hate to whine about a great company, but once upon a time
transparent offered plus, ultra, or reference, with a "bar graph" and a reasonable explaination of what to expect ea. level of their cables to do. i started w/ultra, and (much) later on, "graduated" to ref.w/xl. the improvements have been subtle but nice, and i set a budget for myself.
now there are a seemingly endless #'s of choices. & what if, for ex., ultra MM is better than ref. or ref.w/xl or ref XL?
transparent needs to print a CRYSTAL CLEAR brochure/white paper on what they're all about. oh, and imho, $1k for 1 meter i.c.'s is more than enough $$ to link two components together. $5K for mit "shotgun" sp.cables used to make audio-nuts gasp for breath. nowadays, you're limiting your soundstage w/o carbon fiber. i've heard opus btw- it's good, but there still weren't musicians in the room; and i later went home and enjoyed my system just as much as i had before...
Mdishler...on the cables, I'd have something like 300 hours on them before really listening. This is a real possibility on why you heard what you did. Especially certain things like midrange over emphasized and top end rolled off. Those are classic breakin things.

Although, I have seen other posts that in general the MM is warmer sound than the XL series...

Please email me if you listen to the MM longer and they change for the better...
Yeah Jf right after my last post I realized what I said sounded like break-in issues also. I keep waiting for them to really "open up" and they haven't yet. 300 hours sounds like a bit much, but you may be right. I think I'll try calling Transparent Tuesday and see what they say in terms of break in. Maybe it is break-in because my experience is virtually the opposite of "Simple", exept that I do notice improvement in the resolution and focus, even it their somewhat shut down state. I'll keep you posted.