Wall Outlets? Whats the difference?

I have heard people talk of changing out the wall outlets. It is supposed to help the sound from what I've heard, but how? Does anyone know what the benifit is? What kind should I be looking for and where could I get them? Thanks!!
lockss
PS Audio's Power Port duplex wall outlets sell for $49.95 ea. These are the best that I have seen in the marketplace. They are polished, nickle-plated over copper contacts with triple blade wipers for the best electrical connection possible with very little corrosion over time. The are worth every penney! Go directly to the PS Audio website or they are available mailorder from Music Direct and AudioAdvisor.

Cheers.
The benefit is better materials and increased contact / conductivity. A $2 outlet can only be expected to do so much.
When I installed a pair of 20 amp lines I went with the Arrow-Hart hospital grade outlet. Frankly, I didn't expect a change in sound and in my subjective opinion I didn't get one. What I do like though is the greater tension applied to the plugs. When using a stiff power cord I've experienced some tendency for the cord to pull the plug partially out of the socket. The greater tension offered by the hospital grade outlet helps keep the plug fully seated.
I too am a big believer in good quality outlets. I've used audio grade Hubbells @ 2 for $25. from The Cable Co., also Acme silver plated for $30. each-- these can also be cryo treated. I also recommend Pass and Seymour hospital grade for their quality construction and good gripping capability-- available at most electrical supply stores for $10-12.

Good outlets help lower noice floor thus improving dynamics and detail, ie "silences" are more silent. It took the silver plated Acmes a full 30 days to breakin and start sounding good (they were too bright and had glare when new) and Michael Brinkman at Acme will tell you that-- and will refund your money after 30 days if you're not satisfied.

But you should realize that outlets aren't everything. They are best when used with a dedicated AC system and good quality power cords. Cheers. Craig
A good quality wall outlet should provide (1) greater surface contact area, like Creeper said, (2) better grip, like Beowulf said, and (3) be physically stronger to resist cracking from strains from heavy cable and from impacts. If the surface area is small, any corrosion or pitting would result in some slight voltage loss, some impedance to easy current flow, or possibly electrical noise from arcing. A better grip is important to keep the plug properly set in the socket to maintain full surface contact (as well as prevent electrical shock from exposed contacts or unintended disconnects). I have had cheap outlets crack from wear and impact from repeated use with vacuum cleaners, portable electric devices, etc. Of these three issues, perhaps the most important is better surface contact, because it is invisible but affects the electronics and could be audible.