Wadia 860x vs Audio Aero Capitole Mark II 24/192?

what's up everybody,

I need some opinon.

Ok, I'm own a Wadia 860x for a while now, I'm thinking to try the Audio Aero Capitole Mark ll 24/192. I have been reading about the Capitole Mark ll for a while it sounds like it would be incredible to owned. My question is, Did anyone had any experience compare this two model? Which one sounds better? Any info would appreciate.

Thank You.
Bernardino
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xsayjul

Showing 3 responses by btstrg

I have a Wadia 850 that just came back from Great Northern Sound where it received the Statement upgrade; the highest upgrade possible for any of the higher end Wadia units. Now I can't comment on the Audio Aero MKII, because I have not personally heard it. I have had the Acuphase DP75, an Arcam FMJ23, and a YBA Blue Alpha CD1 as well as a few others. I can say that the Acuphase DP75 was better than the standard Wadia 850 and possible 860X, it was close. But after the statement upgrade to the Wadia, the Acuphase isn't even in the same ballpark, IMHO in my system. You can purchase a used 850 and add a Great Northern Sound Statement upgrade, which is not cheap by the way, $2700, all together for around the same price as an Acuphase or Aero Audio, give or take a few dollars. I switched cd players several times looking for the "right" one for my system and my tastes, and have no desire to do so anymore. After the upgrade to my Wadia I am completely satisfied. Can't help on the Audio Aero, sorry about that, wish I had heard it, but I haven't, but the Acuphase doesn't hold a candle to a upgraded Wadia, again in my opinion, since I have had both. Try listening to as many players as you can, you can also call Steve at The Great Northern Sound, which does Wadia and other players and equipment upgrades, if you have any questions about the Wadia or its upgrades. He's a very honest person to talk to, not opinionated about anything. Good luck.
Ejlif was the 861 a upgraded 861 from the Great Northern Sound? It a totaly different animal than a stock than an 860X!!
Sorry Ejlif, I meant a 860X, I posted a 861 about your thread. Either way though, did the 860X have the Great Northern Sound Statement Upgrade? Sorry again, but comparing an 860X Standard with an 860X with a Statement upgrade is a totally different beast. Not sure where I got the 861, but again I apologize.