wadia 830 compared to cary 303/200

If anyone has had experience with these 2 cdp's could you please describe their strong/weak points..also which do you think would sound better with my system.
classe 10 amp or aragon 4004 ii
aragon 24k pre which I would bypass w /cdp
altec horn speakers
Thanks, Larry
lvk47
I'll chime in on the Wadia 830 too, I have had mine for about 3 years and it has easily ass whipped some highly regarded units in my system including the latest Cary which I wanted to like very much but... well, I still have my Wadia. Wadia is offering an upgrade to the 830 which might breathe new life into these older machines making them better than ever.

good listening
Larry,
I'm sure you've already bought a CDP but if it's any consolation I've had my 830 for 6 1/2 yrs. I bought it new and it has definitely been worth every penny of the $3,000. I paid for it. I love it and have not had a strong urge to sell it. I have had no problems with the unit either.

Dave
I owned both CD players and without a doubt the Wadia 830 is, in my opinion, superior in every musical way to the Cary CD 303/200. Better highs, better lows, much-much better midrange, greater dynamics, greater resolution, and list goes on and on. I am to understand that the new Cary 303/300 is much better than the previous Cary 303/200, but in my system and listening room it was not even a competition.

For what it is worth, I now have a NorthStar 192 DAC and Transport combo that I feel is as good as I have heard for under $5K. It has many of the Wadia qualities along with greater depth and definition. That being said, it was a mistake for me to sell the Wadia 830 when I did. It is one of my transactions that I regret.

Listen to them both and see what you think. Good luck to you on your journey.

Drew