W and M Interconnects

Rarely do I feel compelled to say anything about products but purchasing these prompted me to let you guys know about W&M based in the U.K. First let me start by saying that you should not feel indifferent to my remarks here because I have no previous feedback. I have no feedback because I used to be a dealer and until recently I never really had a reason to purchase anything outside of the business. I have been a member for several years, logging on whenever I had free time. Now that I am in the market for some things there of course is no place to find better replacement equipment than Audiogon in my opinion. Having said this I must say that these are very fine interconnects. The quality and workmanship is some of the finest I have seen on any cable costing less than $1000 and better than many costing much more. I have not had the chance to hook them up yet but I can't wait to do so. For now, all I can hope for is that they sound as beautiful as they look... I have no worries that this will be the case either! The guys over at W&M know their stuff, always respond to emails in a timely manner (you will be greeted by a lot of “hi mates”, “cheers” and such with a lovely British demeanor that adds a sense of class and enthusiasm to the communications process) and are dedicated to quality and workmanship. Give em a try; I think you will be pleased. I can't wait to hear how they sound but I am currently faced with the dilemma of trying to decide if I should actually hook them up or just display them for all to see :-) If you are one of those people that leaves work early on the day your new cables are to arrive because you can’t stand the suspense any longer; you won’t be disappointed that you upset your boss when you open the extremely well packaged product.
Cheers

P.S. I am going to try and post this as a review under the cables section as well.
bryandaws
I have pulled the W and M (interconnects) out and replaced it with some StraightWire Encore. I had normally reserved the StraightWire for systems that had a harder or harsher quality. With the Polk XRt12 XM recv'r, the sound is more open, has more life and the imaging is better. There is most certainly a synergy between the Polk unit and the StaightWire that I cannot get from any of the other cables. The Polk is cleanly set up and placed on Tip-Toes. I have treated as a "Hi-End" device. Vibration, heat nor associated interference is not an issue. The W and M interconnects only seem superior in one area, and that is their ability to transfer an deep, clean and tight low end.

More later.......

Tubby
It is truly unfortunate that I write these words about the "W and M" Interconnects.
It is my belief (for reasons purely related to synergy) that the "W and M" interconnects cannot relate (within my current system) the sonic character that I was hoping for.
A moment out (for those that desire) to lap your slobbering chops and roll about.

Changing cables (with all of the intensity and reluctance that Medusa combs her hair), I have made a decision on the sonic character of the "W and M" Interconnects. With the W and M Cables installed, my system lacks an overall sense of "Life" and "Pace". Replacing the "W and M's" (with selected others) brings the "Life" and "Pace" back into being. In "defense" of the "W and M" cables, the others are somewhat void of the positive attributes that the "W and M" cables do have (with spades).

ie:
* Truly marvelous "top to bottom" response.
* Open and transparent midrange.
* Deep and wide soundstage.

These "W and M" cables (imho) would work very well in a high end system that needs some "edge" taken off of it. I have (a few times) searched for cable like this and would have truly liked to have had them. The resulting purchases have mostly been cables that were "Dead" or "Wanted" to be. Some of them, I did, (out of pity).. euphonize.

The "W and M" SPEAKER Cable (on the other hand) is some of the "best" that I have ever used. Fortunately, I do have a few types of cable and I have made some comparisons. The "W and M" SPEAKER Cable sounds a bit like a cable that I "DO" know (and like); the "Harmonic Technology" (with a just a touch of "JPS" thrown in).
Nice stuff....... A +

Perhaps it is that the "W and M" Interconnects just do not work well with TUBES (or perhaps just "some" tubes). Perhaps they just do not work well in a "relaxed" system... Anyhow, I'm weary of dinking around with it. Off to the closet.... (where "did" I put that FANCY box ?)

Tubby
Hi,

Where do W&M cables come from? I can find no website for the manufacturer, no reviews in magazines, no retail or web outlet? The only nplace I have found them is on ebay and other autction sites.Therefore who is buying this stuff without having any background on the cable or the company, the cables performace etc?

Thanks

Dave
They were selling power cables with counterfeit Oyaide connectors here on Audiogon. So take that into consideration before making a purchase.