VTL TL-7.5 Series II upgrade anyone?

Has anyone taken their VTL 7.5 Pre-amp through the Series II upgrade announced in March? (http://www.soundstageav.com/audiovideonews.html).

I'm curious to know the sonic difference as experienced at home and whether it might be worth the $2,500 upgrade cost.

Or pehaps now might be an opportune time for me to explore the DartZeel NHB-18NS pre-amp.

Any comments appreciated.

Andrew
stevecortez
Based on their description the minor shortcomings (1 major one in the gain dept) are all addressed. It should be worth while.
Depending on how revealing your source, amp, and speakers, the series 2 upgrade is remarkable. I listened to the series 2 with Mr. Heusi at Audio Concepts and am VERY impressed to the upgrade in sound quality. The reference system at Audio Concepts is the most revealing system I've heard to date and it's sonics are spot on neutral. The VTL holds my attention to music like no other preamp. Before hearing the improvements to the 7.5 I would have guessed that it could not have been improved on. I guessed wrong, thankfully. To my ears, it's worth the extra scratch.
Ngt1977,

What was the complete system you heard it with. Did you compare the 2 side by side? I am very interested myself but have really overdone it this year.
The system is as follows.
EMM CDSD & DAC6
VTL TL7.5 Series II
BEL1001 MKV
Audio Artistry Vavaldi (w/ Brown Mod.)
BEL The Wire interconnect and speaker wire
I did not listen to the Series II side by side w/ the origional 7.5. However I listened to the origional 7.5 for three years as an employee of Audio Concepts, and w/ two sets of tube replacements along the way. I know it's sonic character very well. It took all of two notes of the Messiah (Robert Shaw Telarc) to hear the difference. NOT SUBTLE.
I am no longer w/ Audio Concepts. I am pursuing a different career. In fairness, I think that you should know that. I am no longer in the industry, but I feel very strongly that Luke Manley has done something wonderful w/ the Series II.