VPI TNT Bladder replacement

Hoping for a little guidance on this because the bladders in my VPI TNT 3 legs are toast.  I've read that good substitutes are a squash ball, racquetball or paddle ball, the Gingko ball, or perhaps the Herbie's ball as well.  But, it's not at all clear how this replacement is actually installed - so hopefully someone out there can share their solution.  

Here's the background to my question:
  • yes, the bladders are easily removed
  • leg cavity holding the bladders is approx 2" diameter measured parallel to the plinth - and this diameter is reduced 1/4" or so by the two bolt heads (which intrude into the leg cavity) that connect the leg to the plinth 
  • leg cavity height (vertical) is about 2-1/4"
  • Squash ball diameter is 1.6" and seems too small
  • Herbie's ball diameter is 1-7/8" and might be a tad small and too hard to squeeze past the bolt heads
  • Racquetball diameter is 2-1/4" and might be too large to squeeze past the bolt heads.  And if it does squeeze past the bolts, it might not stick out far enough below the leg cavity to provide support
Sure, all this is easy enough to test out, but I'm hoping someone out there has solved this problem - Thanks for the help!
poonbean
Wow - very nice system - congrats. The way I'm set up can't really place the motor on a separated shelf, but certainly could put something under it.  Thread drive...?  I'm game, any pointers on that?
Cheers!
Try Jenga blocks under the motor, just so the rubber feet don’t touch the platform or the blocks.

re: thread drive, buy some unwaxed dental floss and use your belt as a guide for length. Practice tying knots that don’t slip (very important). Simply thread the dental floss around your platter (careful not to hook your stylus) and then work it around the flywheel pulley or motor shaft (whichever setup you have). Bypass the tri-pulley system if you have one. Tension is established by moving the motor or flywheel slightly backwards or forwards. Tension should be snug but not too tight.

It will help to give the platter a start by briefly turning the clamp knob by hand when starting up.

Best to you poonbean,
Dave