VPI's new "Vanquish" Ultra High-End turntable is a STUNNER!

128x128mofimadness
@mijostyn    I agree with your previous post about the competition.  I own VPI products including a 19-4 turntable (which had a semblance of isolation with rubber and sprung/spring platform) now used as an excellent 78 rpm turntable.  My TNT VI is a good, not great turntable.  It sounded mediocre until I put it on a Townsend Seismic Sink a few weeks after purchasing it in 2006.  It sound great now.  Why can't VPI make good isolated platforms?   Their arms don't get me excited either.  The SME IV modified I use or my friend's Tri-Planar are superior sounding to a VPI amr.  I'd buy a half dozen good turntables before I would buy a Vanquish.   The Kronos and Thales look good to me for 1/4 the price of a Vanquish (SME too)!
@mijostyn, I seriously contemplated your suggestion. What's holding me back is that the Zero is not exactly a 'mobile device'. Otherwise I could sell the house to buy it..... ;-).

That is going a little to far sturgus. Audiophiles just can't afford to feed their young. 
Fleschler that is because the SME and Tri Planar are superior arms in large part because they do not use unipivots.

Yes, I have had two unipivot arms prior to the SME (back in the 1980s). First an Audiocraft then a longer Ultracraft. Good arms but not great arms. One had to dial in the correct amount of damping oil in the trough to use them. I have heard good sound from Graham unipivot arms at shows on ultra expensive tables such as the TechDas. I thought my next arm would be a Tri-Planar or a Thales, but the SME sounds excellent and is still being made and sold with a new SME table.