VPI new stuff...

I really like the look of the new Prime table. The return of the separate motor and the inclusion of the 3D tonearm make this an attractive product and given its some what reasonable price by today's standards it appears to be a no brainer.
The new VPI integrated amp with phono stage included @ 4 grand might also be considered a bargain. With its super clean design and the fact that it's made in America make this unit something worth taken a serious look at.
All in all it appears Matt is on the right track.
dreadhead

Showing 1 response by philb7777

Just little focus is my opinion on VPI. It seems they just keep throwing things out there to see what sticks (sells). In that strategy, in the end, quality will suffer and a company loses its identity.

Clearly they are branching out substantially to suit the needs of all consumers at all price levels who are wanting analog. I applaud their attempts, but I'm not sure its sustainable over the long haul.

Business 101: Too many skus, too much overhead. Too much overhead means too high prices on your goods. When prices become way out of proportion to the quality of your product compared to others, you will contract your skus, refocus your company or die.