VPI Classic 3 IDLE drive

Hi all,

I have as VPI Classic 3 I bought about 1 year ago and I was lately looking at the pictures on their website and notice that the classic now has an idle drive.
I also noticed that the platter has grooves where the belt goes, while mine doesn't.
I then called vpi and asked them if the idle drive was ready to be purchased for upgrade but They told me it wasn't.

Today while looking on you tube, I saw a video with a classic 3 with the same device I have seen on the website.

It is basically a larger pulley that touches the platter thus functioning like a rim drive however it still uses the belt along with it.

I was wondering if anybody here can help understand if this upgrade is finally available.

Thanks.
Stefano.
stefanoo
Thank you all for all your comments!

Is the lover RPM's motor better than the higher's?

I would be tempted to say that the lower the RPMs the less the vibration.
Could anybody here give me a hint if I should ask VPI to send me the lower RPM's or it's not a significant change?!?

I will read carefully through the comments for lubrication of the motor.
Just one comment: I don't see any Allen wrench under the collar I think it is press and fit, am I wrong?
I have read some info on the net and saw this review:

http://www.tonepublications.com/analogaholic/the-vpi-classic-1-turntable-originally-featured-in-issue-46/

As a matter of fact they are saying that plinth on Classic 3 is more massive and that motor is 300RPM.

When I bought this table I was upgrading from a Classic 1 and motor and plinth are or at least look exactly the same.

Now I am wondering, is it possible to get these parts replaced to match the latest stock table?
Does anybody have my same configuration?
My table has the silver top instead of the black mat finish.
I was so zealous that I was one of the first one to upgrade to the Classic 3.
I have read some info on the net and saw this review:

http://www.tonepublications.com/analogaholic/the-vpi-classic-1-turntable-originally-featured-in-issue-46/

As a matter of fact they are saying that plinth on Classic 3 is more massive and that motor is 300RPM.

When I bought this table I was upgrading from a Classic 1 and motor and plinth are or at least look exactly the same.

Now I am wondering, is it possible to get these parts replaced to match the latest stock table?
Does anybody have my same configuration?
My table has the silver top instead of the black mat finish.
I was so zealous that I was one of the first one to upgrade to the Classic 3.