VPI Aries 300 RPM motor - Humming

Hi
Has anyone got problem with humming problem with the new VPI 300 rpm motor? I replaced the original 500 rpm motor on my Aries 1 with this newer motor, for $140. Very annoying and can't seem to make it go away. Pls help??
dleong
Had the same humming with mine and never solved the problem. Seemed that depending on the cartridge/platter combo used, it would either act up or be silent.I'm still using the old motor.
Try placing a PC mouse pad under the motor. I had hum problems but only with 45 RPM. With the pad (recommended by VPI) it disapeared. Let me know if that works.
Dleong and Slowhand:

VPI is "on vacation" right now, and if you call them right now, you will get a recording saying they will return June 20th or so. Someone there is, however, answering E-mails, as I just went through the process of contacting VPI.
Contact Harry at VPI. They will take calls Tuesday through Thursday. He is great to deal with. I am sure he will tell you how to fix it or he will make it good. If you don't have their number, it is listed under the manufacturer's listing on Audiogon.