Von Schweikerts or Coincidents or ?

I am looking for consumer advice for speaker suggestions.

I am shopping for speakers to go with my CAT JL-1 MK IIs in a CD based system. My choice has narrowed down to medium-high sensitivity full-range speakers with soft-dome tweeters and a tube friendly impedance across the audible-band. For my tastes and ears, no metal-dome will do (no Revel, B&W, Talon, Wilson Audio). Also, the domestic-partner (wife) will not go for unusual shaped speakers (Avantgard, Buell, etc.)

As of now, I am trying to decide between the following (we listen to rock, classical, jazz, country, blues):

Coincident Tecnhology Total Victory, or
Von Schweikert VR-5 HSE

Any votes for either of the above or another suggestion?
cdg14
having had the vr5 hse and the merlins and now having piega p10s i would,if your budget allows,spend the little extra and get the p10s. the other speakers,although very good,are not in the same class as the p10s,imo,and that of jonathan valins'.new vr5 hse are going to be around $8k-$9k and maybe more...i bought mine over 18 months ago..and the merlins are about the same. for about $1k more you can have a speaker that you will keep forever and only be bettered by a few at many times the price.email j. valin at TAS and ask him..he usually responds to emails.they do all music.you may want to see how well the cjs handle loads down to 4ohm but i think they would be okay..my tenors are a mate made in heaven. just a thought...dave smith 'calloway'
I own the Vonschweikert VR-7's. Have not found anything that betters them yet. Had a friend over and he heard my system and then purchased the VR-5 HSE due to room size.
The VR-5's are excellent and carry much of the sonic signiture of the 7's. They are easy to drive and provide a seamless integration from top to bottom.
Try to audition them in your room with your electronics if possible.
mike
All, much appreciative of the responses. Our listening room is 14 x 16 x 8 with openings to other rooms on back and one side wall. Too small a room for VR-7s and Silverline Grandeur so say the actual respective manufacturers. Also the CATs put out a steady 100w into 4 or 8 ohms.

Calloway, do you run your P-10s with tubes? I had them on my list early-on but had a long discussion with someone that stated you get "more" speaker for your money buying "in-country" (US and Canada for me) as opposed to buying a speaker made overseas and shipped all that way over here.

Shubertmaniac, I lusted after MG 20.1s but they require a lot of "real estate" behind them, IMHO, to really sound good. Also, my listening impression was that they do not go low enough for my tastes - although set-up "right" the rest on up is "magical".

Haipo and Rhyno, I have listened to Avalon products for years at a local high-end shop and agree with Shubertmaniac that they are not for my type of primary music. The shop, every time I went in, was playing them with female vocalists music.
The Von Schweikerts
I have listened to lots of speakers in the $10k to $75K range
Nothing sounds better than the Von Schweikert VR 7's
Not the Wisdoms, Pipedreams, Wilsons, Alon's,

Albert got it right with these
i personally wouldn't own anything from albert von upgrade. how many friggin models and upgrades can one guy have (btw: the hovland upgrade for $1k is an insult to anyone who knows how to build a crossover).

his speakers are ok. i don't like the way he does business, but that's whats important to me, not everyone.

other speakers for R&R, etc: reimers; used rockport syzygys (if you're blessed!); silverline sonata or lafolia. all are pretty tube friendly, and plenty of bass punch.

best
rhyno