Von Schweikert VR2

Any suggestions on a good match for these speakers
would be greatly appreciated.
Right now, I am using my backup cables (Nordost Gold)

I have the speakers dialed in to the nth degree, and
now I need to ditch the stock jumpers & backup
cables. They are very detailed & dynamic with wide & deep
soundstage. Now I want to add
a degree of sweetness.

The rest of my gear consists of:

Spectron D-1 amp
EE Mini Max tube pre.
Audio Note Cd 2.1x cdp
Wireworld silver ic's
Stock Pc's. (Upgrade planned)

System right now sounds great but a little harsh (hashy)??
"sometimes", and seem to get somewhat of a headache after
long sessions (fatigue??) I'm sure it's the $75 dollar
cables & steel jumpers!!??

Thanks for any suggestions.

Jim
jtucker48
The characteristics you are describing are definitely for from the use of silver in the cables.

Go with a pure copper cable as recommended by Gmood1.
I agree with 9rw at that perhaps the batteries are low in Sedona's hearing aid, so please someone send him some Duracells, as to the silver wire I would replace with copper IC as suggested above. Wires do make a difference and there are lots of Co. that offer 30 day trial so pick up a few and let your ears be the judge!
Cable Company has a cable Library and for a small fee you can check many wires out. Happy Listening!
Thanks for all the suggestions so far & keep them
coming.
What would you think of the Audience AU 24's in this system?
I have Avalons, Ayre Acoustics amp / preamp, Levinson 36s, McIntosh CD/DVD with Sota table, Morch arm and Ortofon high end MC cartridge. It's a very resolving and detailed rig. Plays loud with no loss of resolution.
I've experimented with many high end cables.  Had a good ole friend that owned Reed Brothers in Charleston, SC.  After much ado and testing, I have Cardas Golden Cross interconnects and bi-wire GC Cardas speaker cable.  Makes a wonderfully addictive musically involved presentation.  I have Kimbers well reviewed silver cables, and occasionally insert between EAR phone stage and pre-amp, boost up the mid range and treble for jazz bite.  Happy listening and others have noted, listen to your ears in your system. 

I have Avalons, Ayre Acoustics amp / preamp, Levinson 36s, McIntosh CD/DVD with Sota table, Morch arm and Ortofon high end MC cartridge. It's a very resolving and detailed rig. Plays loud with no loss of resolution.
I've experimented with many high end cables. Had a good ole friend that owned Reed Brothers in Charleston, SC. After much ado and testing, I have Cardas Golden Cross interconnects and bi-wire GC Cardas speaker cable. Makes a wonderfully addictive musically involved presentation. I have Kimbers well reviewed silver cables, and occasionally insert between EAR phone stage and pre-amp, boost up the mid range and treble for jazz bite. Happy listening and others have noted, listen to your ears in your system.

Holy Thread Revival, Batman!

16 years later. Do you think he picked some speaker cables by now?

Oz