Voltage conversion of Accuphase E-5000

Does anyone know how to convert voltage of Accuphase E-5000 100v to 110/120v? Or does anyone provide information on voltage conversion table of Accuphase E-5000?

foolishman

@foolishman

Although U.S. mains voltage is rated at 120VAC ± 5%, in some cases household outlets may have voltages as low as 104VAC.

My suggestion would be to power the amplifier with a variac set to 104VAC and see what the highest resistance in series is allowed to turn the amplifier on, if 2kΩ works then it's no problem.

@imhififan

Thank you very much for your quick response. I turned the amplifier on with nearly 100VAC and confirmed 2kΩ works.

I have successfully converted the E-700 from 100v to 120v thanks to your great help. Thank you very much again.

Meanwhile, also I have started discussions about voltage conversion of the E-4000 and the DP-450. I will appreciate very much if you would post information on them. I am ready to post some pictures of the power supply board.

Thank you very much in advance.

I have successfully converted the E-700 from 100v to 120v

Great! You're most welcome, glad I could help.

I turned the amplifier on with nearly 100VAC and confirmed 2kΩ works... Meanwhile, also I have started discussions about voltage conversion of the E-4000 and the DP-450.

You can use the same method to convert the E-4000 and E-5000 from 100V to 120V.

BTW, if you could post some pictures of the DP-450, maybe we could figure out how to do the voltage conversion.

@foolishman

Thank you for the photo. I think the voltage conversion can be done in the PCB on the left, can you post an image of the front and back of that PCB?