VMPS RM-40 - Anyone Heard

Has anyone heard (or seen) the new VMPS RM-40, which apparently won a "Best in Show" award at the recent CES? I've seen a couple of photos of it and the specs sound interesting, but who knows without listening...Also, I've heard some negatives about VMPS QC and cabinetry in the past and wonder if VMPS has improved with this new offering.
schacter
tweek,

i suggest emailing brian cheney directly; he's quite forthright w/his responses.

i would suspect that in this case, the added quantity of drivers allows a higher spl w/less distortion - not an issue in small-to-medium rooms, perhaps, but mebbe a consideration w/large rooms. also, higher efficiency means more tube-friendly.

regarding the rm40 specifically, comparing it w/its smaller siblings that share the same midrange & tweet, the rm40 offers the adwantage of being a line-array set-up, which is usually beneficial for soundstage, as room interactions are less problematic, due to the same response coming from both the top and the bottom of the speaker, & ear-height is usually less critical...

hth,

doug s.
Sedond i'm at ropes end in my speaker search think i'll take your advice. I gave boxes one last chance seems we can't get along.

As an owner of RM40s, I have to hand it to VMPS not only for the melodious/crystal clear midrange, but also the tight and fast bass. You can adapt the bass response by adjusting the mass (/putty) of the Passive Radiator in the speaker. I remember my RM40s was almost flat to 25Hz in my room, and I never felt the need to use subwoofer for 2 Ch.

A new line RMx will be introduced in CES. You can read more about it in vmps forum in harmonic discord (.com)

BTW for all you folks on the fence, Brian has come out with a new tweeter upgrade which will improve vertical dispersion and you can retro fit this to the older models.

Till date, I have never come across a speaker which you can fine tune for treble/mids/bass and get desired sound for much lesser $$.

Cheers,
Kishore