Vinyl - One Word - WOW!!

Just demo the Project debut carbon evo.  I am amazed! The music sounds alive!

Makes me not want to by CD's 

128x128jjbeason14

@marcdds77 you need to upgrade your turntable. Even the MH7.3 is better. I had the 9.3, then moved up the chain to a $3k turntable on the used market. Even $3k isn’t much to spend on a turntable!

I partially agree with you and understand your point completely. I hate the pops and clicks on many of my LP's, but when I get a good one and clean it properly, there is just a nice feeling to putting it on the turntable and sitting back between my speakers and just listening for 20 minutes.

However, when I'm multi-tasking I mostly listen to Roon like you. With a good setup, my DSD files sound especially good. There are so many songs to listen to it's crazy. But you can't beat the nostalgia sometimes.

Coltrane1 is right, I am going to have to upgrade to a better turntable if I want to listen to my better LP's and compete with my digital collection. Ah, the nostalgia of it all.

I just returned the Project Debut Carbon EVO and bought a Technics 1500C. And I upgraded the cartridge to the Ortofon Blue.

Very happy with it. 

Thanks everyone for your insight and help!

:goodtimes:

Vinyl: guarantied degradation of the original medium upon continual use, in need of frequent maintenance, friction based in the 21st century, limited data retention and mechanically based for reproduction, not to mention the sound, as of late totally sucks.