Vintage Onkyo gear vs Adcom

Looking for some help on the budget upgrade path:

I currently have an Adcom GFP-565 and have been searching for a power amp to do it justice.

In the course of my research I have stumbled upon quite a few Onkyo integrateds from the late 80's--early 90's (a-8800, a-890 to name a couple) that look very appealing.  I have heard the Adcom and also some Onkyo stuff from that era and they seem much closer in performance than I would have guessed.

So my question is this: should I continue to pursue a power amp for the 565 or sell it to purchase one of the high end Onkyo/Integra integrated?

Thanks

84miles
Thanks all for your time and knowledge!  I'll post the purchase/results once the trigger is pulled.
Ended up with a B&K Reference 125.2.  The Adcom, Rotel and Parasound were tempting; but I wanted something a little newer that wouldn't immediately be a candidate for re-capping.  Found the B&K for $325, which was in the same ballpark as the other options.

After giving the B&K a spin I have to say that I am very satisfied with this amp.  Hard to find much info on their stuff but it is well built with power to spare!

Thanks again to everyone who contributed!!!