Vienna Acoustics Vs Sonus Faber

I am going to compare Vienna Acoustic Beethovens and Sonus Faber Grand Pianos.

The speakers will have dual use for music and HT. I want accurate sound with good imaging. But, as they will also be used for HT, I don't want to give up strong tight bass.

I listened to the Beethovens and liked them. But, I have some concern about using the Beethovens, because they are rear ported, and I will need to place them very close to the wall. Therefore, speakers that need very precise placement could be a problem.

I haven't listened to the Grand Pianos yet, but I have been told their high end is not quite as good as the Beethovens.

Has anyone compared these speakers? Is this true?
scottaramb423
How about PSB Stratus Gold's? Under $1,500 used at Audiogon. Bass aplenty. Stereophile raved about midrange clarity too.
PSB Golds are not as refined as above, but better for HT than the SF's and Viennas. The Golds are rolled off on highs a bit, don't have that razors edge immaging, and are somewhat warm tonally overall. They Still make good rock and roll speakrs with a good amp full range, but not as refined and clear as even the NHT 2.9's at same money.
Actually, the PSB Stratus Silver I is a more neutral and high end sounding speaker than the Gold, with less bass impact and extension(although tight and fast from the Silvers!).
Actually, for the money, the PSBs are nice enough in the right application, but I think this guy is after more refined sound musically. Also, you can't always believe what you read in Audio mag's, as they have HIDDEND AGENDAS!
I own the Beethovens. I've found set up more critical for high frequency smoothness with these. I love the resolution of these baby's. But in my system(krell300il, rega jupiter, blue heaven inter, kimber4tc.)more than 1/2 my rock cds overload the tweeters around 90-95db. The speakers or the recordings? I would guess a result of the speakers high rez.
I found dyne audience 80's to be the best rock speakers out there, but you give up resolution for tons of bass and a forgiving top.