Vfet / SIT Amplifiers

Are there Vfet amplifier owners on this forum?

If yes, what do you own and what are your impressions?

sonetduo

@sp33ls ,

Awesome!

Super happy for your experience and I like the quality of your build.

rottalpha on AK and DIYa.. aka Atelier Hi-Fi on the tube

Also, I wanted to ask if you posted any harmonic profiles and THD+n figures above 1W on any of the forums.

Oh, yeah, hey rottalpha! Small world. :)

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted by the C-1, but my Pioneer Exclusive C3 is just so gorgeous that it would be hard to let go. Plus, all the work I've put into recapping and cleaning... :0

I've not posted any measurements, no. I'd love to get mine measured, tho. Just to verify I built the thing 100% correctly (aside from test point measurements).

@sp33ls

ha ha, but it is not about measurements to see if it is built right as I think your amp looks to be built more than right. I did go a bit through the forum and I am tempted to build the same amp...I sure have plenty of tokin devices to do it...

I did find some harmonics profiles of the amp posted by ZM and I do appreciate the 2nd harmonic dominance over the rest of the range. Very similar to that of the FW3, which leads me to believe that it sounds very very good at low volumes...maybe up to ~5w, then the THD starts to play a factor..once it tips the 1%+ scale. But that is to be expected since there is no NFB. I was hoping to win the auction on the Sony builds, but I guess I will just have to find a suitable alternative to build...so I did consider the sissysit3 ;)

BTW, listening to a "refreshed" Yamaha B-3 now ...read: BIG SMILE ON MY FACE.

I thought I'd finally add an update regarding my Absolute Audio Labs SIT-A15...... Performance is just breathtaking. Instruments and voices just sound utterly real with great solidity to the sound. Sound staging is not just wide but also has great depth. Spectacular natural sounding detail. Basically as a direct result I ended up selling off all other secondary sound systems I had around the home. Just no point listening to them as they can't compare.

I've now a preamp being made by Watchara to go with it as it really would benefit from a bit more gain vs my passive icOn 4PRO. Nonetheless performance is the best I've ever heard.