Very large room HT

My room is 20 By 45'
My budget 20,000$
Advice for complete 5.1 speakers amp Pre etc,all but tv
salmoni
Per Bo...
"It is that simple! In the world of audio most amps are in the 2-dimensional league."
"That is why I do not sell 2-dimensional audio anymore."

There you have it Salmoni. All you gotta do is look for the specification in the manufacturers brochure that says dimensionality and stay away from those that are rated as 2 Dimension. Just choose an amp that is rated as 3 Dimension or even Multi-Dimension and you'll be OK. I believe you'll find this spec right under the spec that gives the amount of magic pixie dust sprinkled on the circuit boards expressed in milligrams.
hahahahaha.....there is no manufacturer who will tell you this. In the better shops were the sell good highend they know. It is something you have to find out yourself. Compare it and you will learn and understand what depth means. And wenn everything plays loose from eachother how much more fun listening will be. Take your time.
Bought 2nd hand B&W XT8 speakers and PV 1 SUB.
they sounded realy good at Modia store...
Now need advice for amp .pre and dvd/cd
All digital ,open budget
My large living room
80% HT ,20% music cd's ...
Thanks
XT8 is a very woman friendly speaker in looks. But the crossovers of the speakers are not able to give you a deep and wide stage. The sub you bought is fast but cause of the double speaker use touchable image is not possible. Stealth integration is only possible wenn you use a sealed sub with only one speakerunit on the front side. All the sub's I tested with more than one unit were impossible to get the stealth integration. Stealth integration means instruments and voices keep the same proportion. How much money you want to spend on the amp and source togheter?
Bought 2nd hand B&W XT8 speakers and PV 1 SUB.
they sounded realy good at Modia store...
Now need advice for amp .pre and dvd/cd
All digital ,open budget
My large living room
80% HT ,20% music cd's ...
yes it is a spouse pleaser....