venustas or jps superconductor 3 speaker cable?

i want to buy a big speaker cable, i have a dynaudio C1 confidence speaker, i'm between a venustas revision praesto speaker cable and jps superconductor 3, which is the best, your opinion please
128x128orionpcgames

Showing 2 responses by mantis007

I had the PAD Venustas(Rev C non praesto) & JPS SC3 in the same system - like others have said the PAD are rolled and warmer & less transparent compared to the SC3. I replaced the SC3 with the new Harmonic Technology Pro-9 Reference SE (2009 version - external biwire) and never looked back. Much more body and harmonic richness - not rolled off at all. The HT are the first speaker cables I've installed in my system and never removed after the initial install(going on 8 months). The HT are also about 1/2 the price of the SC3. Highly recommended. They just sound right in my system... Having said that, I'd like the try the JPS Aluminata speaker cables ;)
Opus, sorry for the confusion - not enough coffee yet.

Yes, the PAD were rolled in my system and the HT sounded better than both the PAD and JPS(to my ears and my wife). BUT, I was missing a just a little body and harmonic richness with the JPS. I found that in the HT which also has great extension and air. After I had the HT's in for a couple months I tried the JPS SC3 interconnect vs the KCI silkworm. The KCI was better all around. I then tried the JPS Aluminata vs KCI - the Aluminata was better by a large degree in every regard. SO, I have an interest in trying the Aluminata speaker cables but they are just so much $$$$...