Vandies a good fit ?

Upgrade time for my speakers. Heard Vandersteen 2CE Signatures and liked the sound, but I can see 2 possible problems.
1. I only have 26 inches from the rear wall. So the 10 inch thick Vandersteen's will have 16 inches of air behind them.
2. My amp is a 45 watt tube CJ MV-52. Passive preamp. CD player and tube tuner. I listen to classical and jazz at low to moderate levels.
Will the Vandies work?
umn
IMHO, the Vandies are very fussy re: room and placement. While many people seem to like warm tube amps with the Vandersteens, and I think your c-j falls into that camp, I think it might be too much of a good thing. While the c-j is up to the job, a bigger amp will be better. I'll second Marakanetz' Meadowlark suggestion.
Good gravy Marakanetz, there is nothing mounted on the poles that support the grille cloth in any of the Vandersteens. The bass drivers are located in the cabinet below. Go to the Vandersteen web sight and look at the speaker. The drivers are mounted as solid as in any speaker. The are not "Cabinetless" They are baffleless! This means that the CABINET is as small as possible around the speakers drivers to prevent interaction. Something a lot of higher priced manufacturers could take note of!
My 2Ce are at least 4ft from the front wall. Approx 6 ft apart and about 2ft+ from side walls. These seems to give me the most transparent sound with solid low end. Any closer to the front wall and the low end gets to be too much of a good thing!

Power wise I would not think you enjoy the full benefits of a 2 Ce till you get to about 100W. I have been through this grindmill already, first with a 60W SS amp, then to a 80W Rowland stereo amp and now to a 245W Rowland bridged monoblock. The progression is tremendous - with sufficient power/current (whatever it is!) the sound just opens up: the soundstage extends left and right, the air and transparency, depth and low end is just night and day improvement. The sound is sweeter and complicated passages are not compressed or screechy. The speakers just love high end upstream, and you don't get your money's worth out of the 2Ce till you hear it with a good setup. IMHO 45 watt is not what you could live with once you hear what this spks do when they are cut loose on a good powerful pre/power amp combo. Don't believe otherwise, you'd just be fooling yourself.