VANDERSTEENS vs. THIELS

Dear audiophiles, I'm getting ready to buy some new speakers after 25 years of using AR10pi's. I've narrowed my choices to Vandersteen's 2Ce, Thiels 2.3, magneplanar 1.6. Please give me your thoughts on reliability, accuracy, other comments. I will power them with Onkyo m-504 amp (150w/ch) and use rega phono and cartridge,some CD's on a Denon 370. Thanking you in advance hififile, (aka: Bennett).
hififile

Showing 1 response by notme334

While everyone is suggestion an in-home demo or bringing your equipment to a dealer, those have never been viable options as far as anyone I know. Lets face it, most dealers do NOT let you bring your stuff in and DO NOT let you try the stuff at home. They are mostly arrogant jerks and if not, probably they are not selling the type of equipment you are looking for. While some audiophiles get all buddy-buddy with their dealers I just can't suck up to them like that, so what I do is give the equipment a quick listen and bring it home. Return it if you don't like it. That said, I have the Vandersteen 2Ce's and they are excellent, musical, speakers. I don't think you could go wrong. I have not heard the other speakers but heard that they were excellent as well.