Vandersteen Treo CT, Pair of Sub threes and Lyngdorf TDAI 3400

Hello all,

I am investing in a system upgrade.  My room is not the greatest and I won't be doing any acoustic treatments to it.

Basically the main speakers need to be within 12 to 18 inches of the wall (WAF).  Because of this I am thinking of building the system around Lyngdorf and Room Perfect.

I am thinking of pairing the Vandersteen Treo CT with a Pair of Sub threes.  I would be driving these with a Lyngdorf TDAI 3400.  

My question is the SUB Three's have room EQ and the Lyngdorf has room correction.

How would I set these up together?

Would I get the SUB Three's set up and them run the Lyngdorf Room Perfect

or

Would the room perfect render the SUB Three's EQ as useless in that case I would just by the cheaper Vandy V2W subs without the EQ and let room perfect blend the subs and mains.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ag insider logo xs@2xefoo

Showing 3 responses by audioconnection

Efoo whoever told you the Vander Steen treos need to be 3 feet into the room was a mistaken TheTreo’s will work 7 to 12 inches out from most front walls and if you are also having a pair of VanderSteen sub threes they are being high passed and room compensated will work inches  from the wall the High Pass units removes the  heavy lifting away from the main speakers lowering distortion and dramatically increasing the transparency and clarity of the whole system. The sub threes Room compensation is done in A non-digital approach Why run your music through a digital processor when you don’t have to with Vandersteen Sub Threes the best of both worlds.             best JohnnyR 

(((This would work just fine unless I am missing something.)))
  MoJo
Do you have a voltmeter can easily confirm If lyngdorf could work?

Download Vandertones under resources at the Vandersteen website
Set up the x over for - 3db at 80
Play Vandertones track 27= 1000 HZ adjust main volume control to read 1V AC next
Play Vandertones track 31=  100 HZ
 Let me know what the Volt meter reads.
 Best
  JohnnyR

Efoo ((((I am thinking of pairing the Vandersteen Treo CT with a Pair of Sub threes.  I would be driving these with a Lyngdorf TDAI 3400. ))))
Mofojo
((((I can't imagine the Lyngdorf being anything but fantastic on anything its paired with))))
Efoo , Mofo,
 Guys,
 With regard to running a Lyngdorf, I do not see how you could get the Preamp out Back into this device for main in to allow the Vandersteen High pass to work. its the most important feature you need to remove the heavy lifting off the main amp lowering distortion dramatically improving dynamics, clarity and transparency of the whole system. I know its cool to see all of the gadgets and digital sizzle advancements but make sure you're not majoring on the minors in the big picture VS a true Bi-amped proven combination that works.
 You may want to research the new  Zero feedback 50-pound Aesthetix Mimas integrated designed in USA with Vandersteen High pass friendly  DNA and voiced with Vandersteens or any amp that has a preamp out main in.
We tuned Vandersteen 2CE Sigs /Sub 3 / Belles Aria at 2K an analog integrated amp featuring Preamp out and Main in , adjusted high pass for proper x over setting, then performed the Sub 3s room compensation settings, the end result is truly extraordinary while also allowing close to front wall placement.
Best,
  JohnnyR