Vandersteen Surround HELP

Has anyone used Vandy 1C's as surround sound speakers. My new Music Theater will allow for my surround speakers to out away from the walls and almost free standing in the room. So I'm looking for suggestions from anyone who might have tried these as surrounds. My other options will be VLR-1's and then VSM-1's. My front speakers are 3A Signatures and the V2W for my subwoofer. Thank You in advance for any advise that you can offer.
ig316b

Showing 2 responses by ig316b

Bondman
Thank you this is exactly what I was looking for, the reason I'm considering the 1C's is because my side walls will be about twelve to fifteen feet from my listening position. As I understand it the VSM's are designed to be mounted on the wall, so in the grand scheme of home theater are the surround sound speakers meant to be that far from the listening position. Along with that line of thinking, with the 1C's pulled out from the side wall about three to four feet, wouldn't this allow for better imaging and a more expansive rear sound stage just as pulling the front speaker out three to five feet from the front wall does. Its just a thought that I'm working on and quarrying others about. I will try this when I get the time. Right now I'm still in the process of moving in and getting unpacked. Just as soon as I get things set up I will post back here with the results. Until then what do the rest of you think about pulling the surrounds out from the side wall if the room will allow it. Plus wouldn't pulling the VSM's out away from the wall change their sound because they are designed to be mounted on the wall?
Sorry its querying not quarrying, I guess I better check my spelling a little better next time. Anyway just looking for what other might think.
Happy Listening Everybody