Vandersteen 5a - Setup help needed

Hello,

First of all let me apologize for my English as its not my first language and if something does not make sense, please let me know.

I recently heard pair of Vandersteen 5a playing Pink Floyd and was stunned by the sound. System was driven by Sound Research preamp/amp -  not sure about specifics. By pure coincidence I was on vacation in Florida and found a pair for SALE! I pulled the trigger without even thinking how it will work for me.

Here I am and have no idea how to make it work with what I have:

Arcam AVR850
MCintosh MA250 integrated amp
Cambridge Audio 851n

I tried reaching out to local dealer and Vandersteen and was told its not possible due to crossover situation. However Arcam Avr850 does have a preamp out and ability to connect power amp. I tried tech support and nothing so far...any help will be much appreciated. If what i have is not in any way compatible....what would be a budget configuration I could use? 

Thank you
olegus
Vandersteen will be able to answer your questions best. But do you have the proprietary crossovers made by Vandersteen? You will need them for the 5A’s. 
First download and read the 5a manual !

you must use a high pass 6db per octave filter between your preamp and power amp and to properly configure the filter you must know the input impedence of your power amp OR be able to use a voltmeter while playing the Vandertones disc or download test tones.

When you purchased the 5a did you also get the M5 high pass filters ? IF so are they RCA or XLR ?

Do not run your 5a full range without a filter !!

properly setup the 5a are world class.

Jim
I do have the crossovers and I tried reaching out to Vandersteen, but was told they don't have any experience with Arcam and it wont work. However I don't understand why it wont work if i have preamp out and theoretical amp on the other side. 

I also tried local Vandersteen dealer with not luck as well...other than an offer to purchase Parasound preamp/amp. I don't mind doing it, but on top of being another 3-5k...more equipment will be added. I'm hoping that someone/somewhere did connect 5a with Arcam or another receiver and can provide how they did it.
Please confirm your gear part numbers, McIntosh makes an MA252 which does not have pre out / power amp in. To use this you would need to modify it and imo done properly will sound great w 5a. 100 wpc is probably the minimum.
Here is the link to exact MA252 I have  https://www.mcintoshlabs.com/products/integrated-amplifiers/ma252

This one defiantly does not have pre out/in. I reached out to McIntosh to see if there is a trick to make it work and was told it was not possible.