Vandersteen 3A Sigs vs Klipsch Forte III

I'd like to get input on a comparison of both of these speakers. I have not heard them. No dealers in my area. I realize it may be an apples to oranges match up to many but want to hear the pros and cons of both. Haters welcome!!  I'll be driving them with a Mac 6200 integrated. 75w into 8 ohms and 100w into 4 ohms. Room is 27x18x10h. I listen to all music. Some vinyl. Appreciate moderate base, clarity in vocals, imaging, and like the speakers to "disappear".  Thoughts?
heardthat
@heardthat.......Why I said " for what I enjoy ". I am in my 60s and have been at this recorded music listening hobby since my early teens. I was in the industry as well. Owned much of it, and heard much of it ( equipment / speakers, etc ). Always had the ability of listening for myself. I have helped others with their systems ( I am semi retired ). Many were, and many were not, horn owners. There are an amazing amount of speakers out there to consider. But what you are finding is the passion folks here have about what they own. Many affluent hobbyists here on the 'Gon. You are not being " told " anything. Try and listen for yourself. It is all about you. Enjoy your journey. MrD
MrD, I'm with you brother. Didn't mean to infer I'm being told anything. I meant I'm not looking for anyone to make up my mind. That's my job. I'm just soaking up the knowledge, passion, and experience. 

I'm with MrD.
Over 60, starting with the Audio Visual Squad in grade school to building my own speakers, components or systems I found I have an "ear" for audio.
1) Referring back to your original question: horns, although very accurate, are directional with a narrow dispersion pattern and being mounted to a flat front board even the best (JBL 100 Studio Monitors) will ring with secondary audio diffractions.
2) The Vandersteens are Stealth aircraft in comparison. Separate speakers and enclosures mounted in mid air behind the grill and no flat surfaces.
Properly positioned they will produce your requirement of disappearing.
Having owned my first high end speakers for 30 years I feel your audio OCD and hesitation. They never sound the same at home as in the showroom, so to begin means making that first choice.
Have fun and be prepared to play with optimal positioning.
@hifiman55. Secondary audio diffractions ? I do not hear any. Most speaker grill material will take care of that. That is the reason Thiel recommended leave the grills on. I actually prefer most speakers without grills, as they sound a bit more open. I like speakers that sound open. When I owned AR9s, Spica 50s and Angelus, some Duntech models ( and more ), a successful modification I was doing was to change the thick absorber material on the front baffles to a much thinner, slightly less absorbent material, which in every case, opened up the dynamics, to me, dramatically. Knowing I wanted dynamics led me to horns. Knowing you are a Vannie, I understand why you like them. I owned most of the 2 series, along with his subs and crossover. You do know the JBL 100s are not horns.