Vandersteen 2CE Sigs tweeter too high

My Vandersteen 2CE Sigs tweeters are too high when I sit in my listening chair. I want to remove the stands and use spikes directly into the speakers' base. Has anyone done this? What can I expect in sound change?
rosedanny
Rosedanny,
Be thankful that your speakers have instructions on how to perfectly time align the drivers. Take advantage of it. Time alignment of the drivers is the first parameter you should adjust. After that you can mess with toe, speaker placement, etc. If you mess with speaker placement, you will have to readjust the tilt to get the time alignment right.

You can tweak, but for goodness' sake, make sure the time alignment of the drivers is correct :) I doubt you can improve anything by having the drivers "out of" time alignment.
Amusing how one can be confident that the designer made "errors" when it comes to tweeter height, tilt back adjustment, dedicated stands providing adjustable tiltback, etc., when Richard Vandersteen has refined this model for over twenty years and the model is recognized as an industry and consumer success. But then what does Vandersteen know?
In response to Stevecham and Davemitchell, and in my defense, here are two direct quotes from the Model 2Ce Signature operation manual: "With all the possible variables in room layout, there are no magical formulas for determining the best speaker placement in every room. Since every room is different, we recommend that you try the speakers in every domestically acceptable location to find where they sound the best in your particular listening environment"(5). And on the next page: "Several factors influence how speakers interface with a room other than the room's basic dimensions . . . "(6). Your responses to mine and Qdrone's postings seem a bit dogmatic--even fundamentalist--to me. Relax. This is supposed to be fun.
It IS fun, hence my sometimes ascerbic view. Believe me I mean this with a bit of humor. Hope you have been able to find the sweet spot with your Vandy 2Ces. For me the best sound is with the spikes all but about a quarter inch showing in the stands. I sit from them about 8 feet and have them aimed straight ahead for the best wide soundstaging. My sofa puts the tweeter at just about ear level when I am semi slouched.
Rosedanny,

All I did was point out the correct way to set them up in terms of tilt and height. Unfortunately, there is only one way to achieve proper time alignment. Sorry if that seems "fundamentalist" to you but that's how it is. No one has discussed where to put them in the room- that's a different issue entirely.

I'm not putting a gun to your head and telling you to listen to me...just trying to offer good advice.

By all means, have fun.