Vandersteen 2c vs Thiel CS2

About the same price but which one is a better deal? What are the cons and pros of each? Currently have an Aragon amp with an emotiva preamp with Von Schweikert VR-1 speakers. Also an mk sub. What should I buy or just keep my current bookshelf ones?
cygnusx8
Well, I can't wait to try this as I've replaced some rebuilt Kef Calindas and some Magnepans with a set of Vandersteen 2CI's and I just ordered some Thiels 2.2 in great shape or so the owner tells me.  I put the Vandersteens on feet which improved the sound pretty dramatically. I listen primarily to Classical, (opera, piano and lately more symphonic music) and more and more Jazz.  About 10% of what I listen to is classic rock.
@patresi - 

Funny - I just bought a pair of CS2.2s.  Was only able to listen briefly, but in my room/system they were very good - airy and relaxed sounding.  Need to wait for the pins and speaker cable from the prior owner; but I like what I heard so far.  That said, they won't replace my main speakers (Monitor Audio GX300s) but I'm glad I have them.  

I used to work in a store that sold Vandersteen and the store owner loved them - I've never warmed up to them.  I can hear what people talk about with them, but they leave me flat.  Go figure.  
My brother in law has some Spendors which he brought over and hooked up to my system.  To both of us they sounded much better than both the Magnepans and the KEF Calindas I have( just a better high end0.  That being said, when I go over to his house now after listening to the Vandersteens I bought, his Spendors sound flat and without dimension to me.  I can't wait to listen to the Thiels I ordered though to see what they sound like.  I think though, I am going to stop buying speakers after this.  Perhaps move onto new tube amps/preamps.