Vacuum tube ! And Warnings

To all out there who have Vacuum tube Amplifiers .
my friend just bought his first tube amp , it came with EL34 power tubes he wanted to get a bit more punch . He ordered on EBay  6550s I told him I would assist in fine tuning the bias.
he plugged them in we turned it on and a huge transient goes through one of the speakers and a surge through one tube . I shut it down waited 5 minutes then turn it on bias has a built in meter ,I checked they were over 90 +milliamperes maxed the meter. should be around 50. I removed them , he is sending back.the story here is many Ebay sellers don’t even test them they just get them from Russia and state as a match quad ,and runin for 24 hours . Never buy from anyone that doesnot  personally check them .
viva tubes, and upscale Audio are good , Jim mc Shane is good.
for vintage tubes, Brent Jesse recording, and Vintage tube services   I recommend. 
128x128audioman58
Bought hundreds of tubes on Ebay without any issues. I can imagine the dude's face when it went bang though. 

I know this is an old post but you sound like you have no idea what you are talking about.  How do you know the amplifier itself didn't have any problems?  Sounds from the description you gave that you destroyed the tubes with a bad amplifier and then blamed the seller and returned them.  I am an eBay retailer and I run my tubes through a battery of testing, including a custom curve tracer, with all relevant data points.  I'm kind of tired of people crapping on eBay retailers like all of us are scumbags or something, and the only good retailers are the two or three everybody always mentions.   I'm not going to advertise my business in this thread, because that is not why I'm here.  I have a large presence on eBay operating out of central Florida, that's all I'll say.