VAC Signature Preamplifier mkII

I just wanted to share with my fellow audiophiles how much I am enamored by my new VAC Ren Signature Preamp. It sounds fabulous, mates beautifully with tubes or SS, silent background and extremely musical. I have owned ARC Ref 3, VTL 7.5, and Accuphase 2410, all world class preamps. IMHO the VAC is simply more musical/natural, true of most of the VAC line.(the Ren mkIII is also a great preamp)

No I am not a dealer or spokesperson for VAC, just a satisfied customer....a great understated company, with few reviews, great execution, and wonderful people including Kevin Hayes, the quiet and modest master.
audiobrian
Thanks to all the respondants.
I believe we are all speaking of world class preamps:)
The Ren Sig mkIIA (just a slight remake on the cosmetics and now available with 2 XLR outs) does it for me, but I'm sure I could be very happy with the Aesthetix preamps and the Aria. I tried the original Janus; alittle to noisy for me, but I'm told the Signature model eliminates most of this issue.
One thing for sure..we are dealing with class acts when we speak of Kevin Hayes, Jim White and Michael Elliott.
Enjoy!
Audiobrian I really thought solid Brass feet from mapleshade under both the power supply and the main unit really helped with the VAC. Enjoy it...
I too have a VAC Renaissance Signature mkII with phono stage and is the last preamp I will ever own. It replaced a Manley Steelhead. Prior to the Manley I had a Sonic Frontiers Signature with Sig Phono. A CAT reference, Pass, Spectral, Apt Holman, Phase Linear, VTL, CJ and an ARC.

The VAC is so musical and reliable. I just wonder why its such a well kept secret.
The VAC is so musical and reliable. I just wonder why its such a well kept secret.

Jimi_p

Price. I also enjoy the sound of VAC gear, but it ain't cheap. This preamp listed for $18K and that was 5 years ago. That's 50% more than ARC's current top of the line Reference 5 sells for today. The fact that so few can afford to listen to it is why it's such a well kept secret.

Cheers,
John
"Price. I also enjoy the sound of VAC gear, but it ain't cheap." I agree John , cheap it ain't. However, for 18K, you are getting a great phono section. This would then make the Sig 2 price right on par w/ say a Ref 3/PH7 combo. Cheers!