VAC 160i, any experiences

Need opinions.

I am considering going back to a full function intergrated to use with my wilson sofias and was wondering if anyone has heard the VAC 160i. It has all the features that i am looking for, but not too sure how it will mate with the speakers.

mwilliams
Ghasley - compared to the Phi200 is the 160i pretty close (assuming a good preamp with the Phi200)? Mostly interested in listening at only low to moderate volumes but having plenty of bass and low level detail.. thanks!
I never ran the phi200 with a good preamp, only direct from a dac. With that disclaimer, I believe you would be hard pressed at low volumes to differentiate the 2. The phi200 certainly is a great amp, the 160 an extraordinarily well thought out integrated. A true preamp stage in the 160, not simply a volume control bolted to an amp. You must listen for yourself to decide but the Sigma 160i is a fantastic integrated, certainly I believe in its price band of tube integrateds, it is unmatched. Disclaimer, I no longer own mine but it was not due to dissatisfaction with the Vac.
VAC watts punch way above their stated rating. I found the 130 wpc on VAC 300.1a was more like 200-300 watts per channel compared to other amps.
05-01-12: Electroslacker
Has anyone compared the 160i to previous VAC integrated amps? I have an Avatar that I like, and the i60i would mean losing triode mode and going from EL34 tubes to KT88's. A step up?

I think the new 160i is more similar to the Avatar Super than it is to the original Avatar. The Avatar Super also had 80+ wpc, KT88 output tubes and 12AU7 driver tubes, just like the Sigma 160i, and also could NOT be used in triode mode like the original Avatar. My guess is that the Sigma 160i sounds a lot like the Avatar Super.