Using a studio monitor for home listening?

Has anyone tried using a pair of main studio monitors at home? Most studio monitors don't look as good as consumer speakers. Other than that, any protential incompatibilities?
yhlbb
Thanks for the comments. While doing research for buying pair of monitors for my bedroom listening, I found that Dynaudio has monitors for hi-fi consumer market (e.g., Audience and Contour series); it also has a line of pro-studio monitors (e.g., BM5, BM6, BM15, etc). Similarly, Tannoy has a line for consumer and a line for pro-studio. I am just wondering whether I can use a pair of studio monitors like the BM6's for my bedroom listening.

It seems that people think that the pro-studio monitors are more revealing than similar consumer monitors. I would think that "more revealing" is a good attribute, thus stodio monitors are a better deal (they seem to cost less).

If you have used pro-studio monitors for home listening, please share your experience with me. Thanks!
I would be more concerned with finding a speaker u like...regardless of what it was intended for...that being said...hi-end "commercial" brands are easier to find...and you can a/b them at your local hi-end shop...and if you are lucky enough to have a good shop in your area...there is no need to to listen to every speaker under the sun...my local has Vandersteen,Spendor,Magnepan,JM Lab,Sonus Faber,etc....if one of these wont do the trick...mise well stay at best buy...
If you are looking for monitors that does not subject you to listening fatigue, then nearfield studio monitors are worth considering. Studio engineers spend many hours each day listening to these boxes.
The feedback had been on target. But, the real qustion is -- What are you seeking to accomplish? Answer this and then decide what to do about speakers. If you want to go pro, then maybe you also want to do the same with your electronics.
HI,

I am a happy owner of a Tannoy professional studio monitor, System 10 DTM. Personally, I prefer the lack of technicolor sound quality coming from the professional Tannoys compared to most speakers I've owned or auditioned.

Also, I can play the Tannoys at very low volumes yet get comparable amounts of detail and pace as when it is played at higher volumes. This is perfect for an apartment dweller such as myself.