Usher Mini Dancer 2 or Q Acoustics Concept 500 - Marantz PM Ki Ruby

Hi Folks,

As you can tell from the subject, I am considering upgrading my bookshelf speakers (Dynaudio special 40) to floorstanders.  Which of these would you recommend and why? 

Also, any other speakers I should consider in the same price range that will pair well with the Ruby?  Thanks!

prashanth14485

Showing 3 responses by prashanth14485

@soix Well, I have moved to a larger condo. so looking for more presence, better bass response.  Prefer new but open to a good deal on used.

Hi everyone, @soix @audiotroy 

Apologies for the radio silence, and thanks for all the useful responses.  I really appreciate everyone's input.

I am happy to inform that I ended up buying the Usher MD 2s.  I have had them for a week or so with about 12 hours of listening so far.  Initial impressions that that these are much more revealing speakers than the Dyn Special 40s.  The mid range is much more forward and engaging, a lot of sparkle and details in the highs (perhaps a bit much on some recordings).. Love when I hear new sounds and instruments in songs that I never knew existed.  and the soundstage and sense of scale is massive with much better imaging.

Based on what I've read, they take 200 hours to burn in?  I love how they sound right now but it will be heavenly if they become a tiny bit less bright.  Do they really evolve and change with time?  Any tweaks or tricks? Thank you!

@soix thank you.  Here’s my entire system.  I use Silnote Cables Classic RCA interconnect and Blue Jeans Cable Canare 4311 speaker cables.  

Unfortunately, acoustic treatment is not an option. Wifey will kick me out lol.. Its a living room setup in a condo.

So my only options are time and minor tweaks in gear :)