Usher CP-6381

Can I get any opinions of this speaker? The Usher line seems to be a deal but is this speaker comparable to other high end speakers?
Ag insider logo xs@2xpal
Hi Ken,

You put it correctly ... my 6381 are not boomy but in the beginning I had a problem, as promised by the dealer it wasn't producing as much bass, may be because of the amplification (odyssey tempest + odyssey stratos) and other components .. the room size is 22 X 25 X 10 open to kitchen. I still think 6311 and a good sub may be what my room needed .. then again I am happy with my current setup.

Regards,

Milind
Hi Milind,

Yes, I remember you mentioning that. Are you still using the the Odyssey gear on your 81's? Glad your enjoying them. You may have been suprised to see that I have indeed gone back to using the Usher speakers. It was hard to let go of the 81's several months back, but it did indeed work out for the best to find the 71's. I cant believe how good the Ushers really are!

Pal, I noticed on another thread that you were going with a pair of Caravelles!. Congratulations. I was intreagued by them after hearing of all the many excellent word of mouth on these forums from those who own them. If they weren't more than just a little out of my self imposed price range, I may have thought more seriously about them. Best of luck with them! :) Ken
Hi Ken,

Just had addition to family a little one .. and was thinking about going to plinius int .. but its on hold now, how does Manley Laboratories Stingray control the lower frequency as good as plinius ?

Thanks,

Milind
Congratulations Melind!! Great news indeed. I understand you holding off on that Plinius amp!

Since I have the 71's now,they are an easier load at 90db and 4 ohm. Dual tandem 7" drivers respond very well to the 50W tubes. On the right speakers,such as these, the Manley does very well on the lower freqs. So would the Plinius as well.
i also have the 6381 and i am very happy driving them with an aloia 15.01 amp.one of the most underrated amps out there .it is rated 60w but was measured 120! it is very smooth in the mids and highs but has great control in the bass because it can produce a lot of current.
and the best thing is that you can get this 6000$ beauty of an italian amp for 70% of its retail prize if you are lucky to find one on the gon.