Usher CP-6381

Can I get any opinions of this speaker? The Usher line seems to be a deal but is this speaker comparable to other high end speakers?
Ag insider logo xs@2xpal
Hi,

I am not exactly sure what is high end but I preferred this speaker over the following ones

Anthony Gallo ref III
Monitor Audio Gold 60
Paradigm ref 100 V2 (Previous speakers)
Sonus Faber
Joseph Audio
B&W 7 series
Odyssey Lorelei

and here is my setup -

Room 25 X 22 X 10 open at the end
Jolida JD 100 CDP
Odyssey tempest pre
Odyssey stratos cap upgrade
Zu Wax speaker cables

This speaker is more open and fills the room as compare to other speakers, if you need more info on this one search on
audiocircle.com for 6381.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Milind
As a former owner of the 6381's. This speaker is VERY competitive with just about everything in its price range. What many dont know is that it is more competitive with several well respected designs that cost twice its price! Deep controlled bass and lower to upper mids that are about as good as it gets with proper placement, amplification, room set up, and associated equip. Coherence of the midrange, and a very natural, not too forward presentation are among the strong points. Great dynamics. Lacks a little warmth overall in absolute terms which can be compensated for with some high quality tube gear. I think it may sound its best with tubes, but my ARC LS25/Plinius SA250 combo drove them very nicely. I ultimatley went with a B&W 801 with Northcreek crossovers which had better punch and air on top. But in some ways the 6381 is more coherent and goes deeper with less roll off in the bass than even my 801's. do. At times I wish I had the Ushers back...but, who knows, I just sold my 801's for Electrostats! Hope this helps, Ken
Thanks for the Information on the Ushers. The 6381 has been upgraded recently. Are your speakers the newer version?