Upscale RCA Jacks - McIntosh

Does anyone know why McIntosh often uses the bottom-of-the-line RCA jacks on some very nice pieces of equipment? Generally, I avoid buying anything that does not have the nicer jacks on it. Have I ever actually heard the difference between plain old jacks and expensive upscale jacks? Not that I am aware of.

One would think that McIntosh would use the better jacks, if only for psychological impact. Is there a school of thought that believes that the simple jacks might actual be the equal of the upscale ones - or perhaps even better?
poetcatullus
This is truly funny to read. Sometimes I make my own cables and for decent quality cables I use Canare cables and connectors. Their top connector fits so tight, that on lesser expensive electronics it will rip out the metal part of the connectors attached to the equipment. They are great connectors. But, yes, better connectors do indeed sound better. If you look at how many are constructed, they aren't well constructed and have poor connectivity. Heavy terminal connectors and heavy cables will eventually make poorly constructed or cheaper connectors fail. Look at it this way, if people purchase expensive or better outlets, and can hear difference using them, don't you think the signal connectors make as much a difference? They actually do. But, don't get carried away with the fluff also. There is a lot of "magic" equipment out there. I believe it is called snake oil. But good connectors and good cables (low impedance over frequency) do indeed matter.

enjoy
Mac must have figured this out, as some of their newer models have much better jacks, witness the C48/C50 Preamps. I can't comment on the newer amps, as I haven't seen them. It's a welcomee addition.
people who buy better outlets better rewire their home and get in touch with the electric company to make sure theiy are using acceptable cable to the house. ....or that stuff is a joke. i would like to hear an a/b test of outlets.
BETTER?WHAT IS BETTER?JUST BECAUSE MAC JACKS ARE NOT"PRECISSION MACHINED FROM FINEST CHINESE MATERIALS AND COATED WITH PURE CHINESE GOLD"DOES NOT MEAN THAT MAC JACKS ARE NOT AS GOOD OR BETTER THAN CHINESE.AND TAKE THAT FROM MCINTOSH TECH
Solid, proper AWG conductors are what matters. And all the extra money that I keep instead of giving it to the manufacturers is well spent on MUSIC, which matters the most in my hobby.