Upgrading receiver: Got a pair of Dynaudio Sapphires+NAD C740

Hi,

I recently upgraded from Totem Staafs to Dynaudio Sapphires and of course love the new speakers. I believe my receiver is not doing justice to the speakers and need to upgrade. My budget at this time is $1500. Here are my constraints and questions:
1) If it is worth upgrading from NAD c740 to a higher end Stereo receiver?
2) I need a receiver with ability to drive two pairs of speakers (main dynaudios and other ones are totems in another room). Any suggestions?

ray_sonya
I have owned 3 pairs of Dynaudio speakers and they only sound their best when you run them with high-end electronics. Dynaudio speakers are very critical of good amplification. It's not a good Idea to buy speakers that cost 10k or more unless you have quality electronics to drive them. I am not trying to give you a hard time. But I feel the need to be honest with you.

Thanks. Point taken. Can you suggest some good receiver which works well with these speakers? Cost is still a concern but I will take a hit here :). 
They like power and current to sound their best.  Receivers and integrated amp  are challenged to do that in general and still have low noise and distortion due to close proximity of circuits to power transformers.  But I have heard recent integrated amps do it quite well.  I have bel canto c5i that would do nicely unless you listen very loud.   It has everything in one small box and is amazingly quiet and low distortion.   Rogue Pharoah would be my ideal integrated for speakers like those but that would stretch your budget even used most likely.   Class D audio power amp and preamp of your choice is another I would consider were it me.  The more power and current you can squeeze in your budget the better. 
Bel canto c7i is a step up from c5i and is a receiver.  You can find them used on occasion here for under 2k.