Upgrading Klipsch La Scala crossovers

Am considering a vintage pair and know that "everybody" goes to custom xovers and/or wire. Where do I want to look for these things? Who's making these xovers? A google turned up little.

I'm hoping there might be somebody in the Chicago area would who would be willing to come up to SE WI to install new xovers & wire if/when I get them. I would be comfortable doing it myself (I can solder), but probably more comfortable with a pro.
paulfolbrecht
Ihcho,

The xover on the LaScala as well as the other xover upgrades with show themselves mainly in the highs and mids. The lows are improved but it's not as much as the highs and mids.

As far as the KLF-20's go, I can tell you from personal experience, having owned mine in stock form for 4+ years and now with upgraded xovers for 2 years, the KLF-20's are a much, much better speaker. Again, you notice it in the highs and mids. The highs will not be as harsh but rather smoother while still maintaining great extension. You will hear more clarity in the mids and they will be smoother and warmer.

You haven't heard Klipsch until you've upgraded the xovers.

Mike
I upgraded my lascalas in many ways.Tried 1st order others,inc active.Switched out tweeter for T900a fostex, woofers, and even mids,tried many types of damping etc, ended up reassembling to near stock and placing on audiogon.Fun speaker but too vintage sounding for me.As always YMMV
Greetings peeps

I have looked on the Klipsch site and it was hard finding anything but chat room chatter

I read specs on the La Scalla and the high end freq is 17k hz.

What kind of hi end can one expect after doing the mods to cabinet and crossovers using a triode dht like the coincedence dragons or a PP hurricane.

I have been looking at the La Scalla's as a high efficency replacement for my full frequency JBL 240Ti's.

My Room is big

Thanks Groovey

Listening to

Some Girls-The Rolling Stones-Rolling Stones Records- COC 39108
First pressing