Upgrading a Sony DVP-S9000ES

I am interested in improving the two channel SACD and CD performance of my Sony DVP-S9000ES DVD/SACD/CD player. I am not concerned about using the Sony as a DVD player since I have a very good DVD transport and do not need the Sony for that function. Should I have the Sony modified by someone or just upgrade to a better SACD/CD player such as the Sony SCD-XA777ES SACD/CD player or the Marantz SA-14 SACD/CD player? I am leaning toward the Marantz since I do not have the ability to set up multi-channel playback. Also, the mod route may actually end up being more expensive and I do have concerns about resale after the mod is done.
mchd1
Let me preface my comments with the fact that I have not heard the Marantz SA-14. I have owned a Modwright SCD-333ES and found it to be a tremendous improvement over a stock unit. I have little doubt that Dan Wright's work on the DVP-9000ES would yield similar improvements. Yes, my stock XA-777ES is better (and I use it only in stereo), but is also far more expensive, and I'll probably have him modify it when funds permit. Even for the DVP-9000ES level III modwright mods, you're only going to pay $800, far less than a new, or even a lightly used, XA-777ES or SA-14. A modified unit will command a somewhat higher price than a stock unit in most circumstances, but don't expect to recoup all of the modification costs. If you're planning on using the equipment for only a short time and reselling, stick to stock units. If you want to keep it, have it modified; you'll be glad you did.