Upgrade from Rotel RCD-1072

This thread is for those of you who sold your Rotel RCD-1072 CD players and upgraded. What did you folks upgrade to in the way of a higher end CDP and was it an upgrade with significant improvement and a stark difference in fidelity, soundstage, detail, etc? Thanks.
pdn

Showing 2 responses by pdn

Thanks folks. I get the consensus and that's kind of what I thought. The Rotel is a tough act to follow. I was thinking of the Rega Apollo. But you're right in that there's probably very little difference in performance.

I'll most likely now look elsewhere within the system for upgrading. Mik971: thanks for the recommendation about a separate DAC. Appreciate that but it's probably not a path I'll take. But I appreciate it anyway.

I'm not having any issues at all with the Rotel. None, it's perfect. It's just that I have the upgrade bug !!

Realremo: The Cambridge and Rotel units are probably comparable British designed machines. If you're thinking of either one, you will be served well by either. Thanks everyone.
Thanks all for the additional responses. Players in the $3K to $5K would simply not be in my budget with a senior in high school heading to college next year !! But would love to have one. Perhaps someday.

Achilles, yes I was considering the NAD M5 and figured that would be a definite upgrade plus it would handle my SACDs as well. Had a chance to purchase one preowned for $1K but didn't do it. I do love the NAD sound as well and actually that was my original brand of CD players and receivers years ago. The Rotel does seem to do a great job with jazz, smooth jazz, etc. NAD perhaps a bit better with classic rock, agreed. May still look at that next time the funds become available. Thanks.