Under $3K streaming dac suggestions, Roon Ready?

Just as the title explains..

Currently using an Auralic Mini to Mytek Liberty.  Looking for a one box solution to save space/cables primarily, but if sound quality improvement is capable in the under $3K range as well, then WOOHOO!!!

Will be hooked up to a Yamaha A-S2100 integrated, Spendor A4 speakers.

I've previously used: Lumin D2, and PS Audio DSD Jr. - and both of those sounded the same as my current setup, and I'm not against going back to either of those since they fit the requirements.

Open to all/any other suggestions.  I have my eye currently on: Mytek Brooklyn Bridge and the Teac NT-505.  Would prefer a component that offers balanced & unbalanced outputs, and volume control isn't needed of course.

Best,
Rob

128x128robelvick

Showing 5 responses by kren0006

Of the streamers  mentioned, the only one that is price competitive (though still $300 more) with the Teac is the LUMIN D2, but its Wolfson dac is nearly 10 yrs old (perhaps older, couldn’t find exactly when 8741 dac was released). 

The Mytek costs 50% more than the Teac, if cost savings are a consideration. 

Teac dual monoraul AKM 4497 and balanced outputs and upconvert to DSD. Pretty solid feature set
+1 on the Teac. I’ve had mine for a couple months, and use it with Spendor D7’s (saw u have A4). My amp (int) is ARC DSI200. I posted my review on the Teac thread. 
Good luck and let us know what u get
david_ten, great list, thanks for posting!  I have been looking for a list like that.  Funny when I got my Teac I naively thought I was at mid or higher end of streamer food chain, cost-wise ..... nope!
The dac chip in the LUMIN D2 is only 24-bit and was released in 2007, right?  

That is the same year iPhone was released! Ie, stone ages for fast moving tech area (at least as fast moving as audio gets). 

I havent listened to it and I’m sure it’s great for that era but just making the point it is 12 yrs old 
Cool!  I like how that little dac looks and like the reputation of the company.  Let us know how she sounds!