under $300 bookshelfs: does excitement exist?

sub sidized of course.
dylancaroll2002f250
Swan Diva M200 - comes with 36 watts/ch built in - good for computer as well - and looks good too for $250 online.
I liked the Athena AS-B1 the best - better than bigger brothers - had prettier mid sound. Mate it with a sony amp sa-wm500 (eBay $150), and you have a nice and full sound. I was mesmerized to hear female voices on the setup. Try to hear this combo - made me want to dance the night away - good for the exercise room.
Gonglee, I've been an Athena convert for a long time, it's that dance factor which gets to me: it helps me forget about all that audiophile crap which is 70% worry and analysis and 30% enjoyment. With the Athenas, 100% pure enjoyment, they are the best I've heard at timing, and they are quite good at the other audiophile crap! Cdc, I've been meaning to experiment with single-driver stuff ever since I bought my Wave 8s, do the ELF 1.5s have a website, or any reviews with info? I've never heard of them. And I've never personally liked the B$W sound, though their build quality is tops: I always hear an upper midrange hardening, though the latest line seems better in this regard.
Johnnantis here is the site:
superelf
They used to be $64.00 + $58 for two cabinets = $122.00
I don't know if they have cabinets anymore.

I guess the word I was struggling to find was "natural".

That is why they have a satisfying sound. You can get a $2,000 speaker with bass, detail, and dynamic range but if it does not sound natural, I can't relax and listen to the music.
i will go used ,buy a late 80's B&w dm220i or dm110i . old b&w speakers are really sounds sweet . they are under 200 at today's market .