unbeatable Class A integrated

Is there any unbeatable class A SS integrated amplifier under 15K?

Thanks!
ramon74

Showing 4 responses by kren0006

“Things don’t add up with the Lux Class-A figure presented or the Class-B wattage. “

Hold on. Two independent professional reviews (see links provided above) each benchtested the L-590axii at 90w or higher into 8 ohms and nearly doubling that two four ohms. 

Any credible disagreement with those findings must do more than the hand waving you are doing, George. 

If you continue to dispute the detailed findings in those tests, at least post a link to a credible review that shows contrary bench test results. Ie, link to a credible bench test that shows the 590 unable to produce 90w into 8 ohm.
Not true. Fact is most techs (I’m a EE) wouldn’t make any such assumptions without knowing more about the internals and specifically what components are used to populate the circuit boards - sheesh! Those images tell us very little.

iPhone models tend to look somewhat similar too if you ignore important details but ......
George,
Why would it be surprising if they look similar from a 10,000 ft view, which is what each of those images you posted basically is because we can’t see details of any of the circuit boards?

All I am talking about is the 590axii anyway and all I am claiming is that it puts out at least 30w class A and based on two independent bench tests at least 90w total into 8 Ohms.

FWIW one of the bench tests indicated words to the effect of the 590 operating substantially in class A over that 90w. I’m not sure exactly what that means but anyway the only contention was that it twice tested to 90w (95w in one test if I recall). Even if it is 30w class A and next 60w class A/B, which at a minimum seems to be verified by the only two bench tests we have, that is still great.

The comparison to 509 is a separate issue and not one I’m concerned with (maybe others are)