Turntable help/recommendation with specific setup

Hi all,

I've been recently lurking here as I'm just starting the hifi journey. I thought I'd join and try to get some guidance on a decent turntable that pairs well with the system I'm getting. I'm going the low wattage/high sensitivity route as my setup will consist of a Luxman SQ-N150 integrated tube amp and the Omega compact alnico monitors.

What are some good turntable/cartridge set ups ideally under $1500 ($2k at the absolute max), keeping in mind the Luxman also has a switchable MM/MC phono stage? At this price point, should I just stick to MM cartridges? And is there anything else I should keep in mind or look for to keep synergy in the system or, at this level, should I just not overthink it and get something like the P3?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
philoh
If its worth doing well, its worth starting now when you aren't good at it yet.

Enjoy the journey.

I like the Rega P3 because there is an upgrade path with it.  And you may find you like what you got or you may look to upgrade your system so you have options.
The p3 rega would be just fine in your case but you will want to get a good cartridge for it do not bother with a rega cartridge at all go for something better like a dynavector 10x5 for now.
+1 on the Rega P3. I like Rega TT's and the P3 is a great value.

However,  if you can push your budget to $2K, the Rega P6 with the Exact MM cartridge is, in my opinion, the better way to go. I really liked the P3, but by the time I had added the upgrades I eventually wanted I was in the price territory of the P6 and the P6 was still the better table. 
+1 for the Rega P6.  Put a very nice phono cartridge on it, of which several good choices are mentioned above, and you are well on your way.  And it looks very nice, too.  As you get on with it then eventually you will want to upgrade to a higher level cartridge and your turntable/arm will be very well capable of revealing the sonic benefits.  I hope this helps you.
Get the music hall mmf-7.3 with the included 2m bronze....best deal out there. The walnut version is beautiful. $1795