Turntable / Arm combo for around $2000. new.

I want to buy a turntable and get back into vinyl. I am seriously looking at the Clearaudio Concept. Are there any better tabele/arm choices for around $2000. new? I have not had a turntable since the early 90's so I don't want to deal with trying to set everything up myself. Buying new seems like the best way to go. I can always get a better table later if I want to get more serious. But for now I want something that is going to sound good without a lot of trouble.
128x128lostbears

Showing 3 responses by macdadtexas

Buy your cartridge from you dealer, they will set it up, pretty simple. None of the tables mentioned really get modified. Just buy one standard from someone here, most of us "exchange" gear on here all of the time.

I reiterate my love of the Clearaudio Performance, simple, great sounding table, easy to live with.
I can't think of any deal I have worked with who would charge you at all to set up the needle if you brought the table in with you.

On the other hand, if you buy the Michael Fremmer video on setting up turntable, it's very easy, actually, it just takes time and patience.

Easy to learn.
I would buy a used Clearaudio Performance or VPI Classic instead of a used anything in that price range.