Tube Rolling for TAD-150

I will receive my TAD-150 tomorrow. I read some great reviews on this unit. Has anyone had the chance to do some tube rolling with this unit. How do the stock tubes compare with other NOS tubes?

Other components; Vandersteen 2CE sigs, McCormack DNA-1 AMP, Adcom GCD500 CD, Thorens 160 C with Goldring 1012 cartridge and LINN Basik plus arm. XTC interconnects, Signal cable and FRO-ZEN power cords....

Eagleman
eagleman6722

Showing 7 responses by eagleman6722

Wanted to bring this topic up again as this unit has been in circulation over a year now. Anyone out there tried other than the stock tubes and found improvement?

Eagleman
Sounds Great. I have changed CD's to an Eastern Electric MM with some Amperex USN-CEPs. Also got some decent power cords and sound keeps getting better...
I bought a couple of those GT for the TAD=150. How do you get the pre cover off. Just unscrew the screws on the side? Sorry for the dumb question but, I have not rolled any tubes yet in the pre.....
Well, on Mike's review, I picked up 3 of the Groove Tube remakes. Put two in the TAD-150 and one in the TAD-60. Hard to compare as it is like watching a movie for the second time and seeing the parts that you missed the first time but, it appears that I am hearing more meat and bite on the same tracks as I listened to before the change. Sounbdstage remains huge maybe a bit larger but, hard to tell exactly. ext up will be to replace the two AU7s on the TAD-60...
Bump. I have the itch for tube rolling again. ould like to hear some choices. Looking for rich detailed sound.
Love the TAD125. It is better for my current system than the 60. Livlier, more detailed, richer runs cool. The 60 was a bit warmer but, the 125 is a better match for my system and the music that i listen to.... How did the groove tube X7s stack up against the competition?
I ordered a pair of the Tung Sol reissues from Doug. I will review after I have had a chance to listen to them.