Tube rolling for EAR 912

Hi, i've just registered here but have been a passive read'er for a while, and learned a lot in different threads.

I have recently bought an EAR 912 tube preamp and i want to experiment with different tubes (not because im not happy as it is, i love it... but because i can :) ). So i wonder if anyone have tested 6N1P-EV tube in the 912? And how did it compare to the original? I got the following quote from wiki, regarding this tube: "... excellent low distortion and low noise characteristics."

I am also open for suggestion to other types of tubes, but preferably only tubes that someone has heard on the 912.

Note that i am completely green when it comes to tube amps and tubes, theEAR912 is my first one.
aboy
With regards tube rolling the EAR 88PB. I recently bought one from new and opened it up and was surprised to find the ECC88 type of tubes in it! All I've read in previous forums has been that it uses the higher heater voltage type of valve (PCC88). Tried some Mullard PCC88 in it which work very nicely. Will ring up EAR to find out why they changed to ECC88 (?).
Mark

When I talked to Tim at the Anaheim Show in 2015, he told me his favorite tube brand was Mullard. The old ones, of course. Isn't is surprising how few audiophiles own, or have even heard, EAR electronics? Small number of dealers and pro reviews, no advertising, no frequent and regular model "updates" (Mk.2, Mk.2SE, Mk.3, Mk.3SE).