Tube preamp with Adcom amp

I have been wanting to use a tube preamp in my system but never had the chance to try one. I recently purchase an Adcom GFA-5500 with a Rotel RC-995 and to be honest, is sound good but I want to try something different. I am using the Vandersteen 2ci as my speakers. Due to my style of music, I have always been a SS guy. What would recommend for a tube preamp that will work with the 5500?

Ag insider logo xs@2xhighend64

Again, thanks for all the recommendations. I am leaning towards the CJ but I have not decided yet. My ideal is to get a warmer sound without losing articulate tight bass.

If looking specifically at the cj ET3 or the PV12L on TMR, I’d bet the PV12 is closer to the classic cj tube sound than the more recent ET3 with remote. That cj sound signature has changed over time.

My experience with the Adcom GFA5500 was with a CJ Premier 2 and Audio Research LS-2 B Both sounded great. My Speakers were Dahlquist DQ 20.

Very Close to the Vandersteen's

+1 toro3 regarding the PV12L.I owned a PV10L and it was the classic sweet CJ sound.I don't recall that it effected the bass one way the another.I actually did use it one weekend with an Adcom amp.I was thinking it would better my little 60 watt amp I had at the time, but they sounded identical to me,so I kept what I had then.

highend64

Another +vote for Conrad Johnson.  Season's Greetings!

Happy Listening!