Tube Pre C2200 , Rogue M99

I am on the lookout for a good TUBE pre. So far i have heard the Mcintosh C2200 which i liked very much. Another option i'm considering is the Rogue Magnum 99 which has very good reviews. Unfortunately there are no Rogue dealers in my area to have an audition. Is the M99 in the same league as the C2200, given the price is nearly half . Not that i consider price a deciding factor but Stereophile has rated C2200 in class 'A' & the 99 in 'B' which i suspect might be based solely on the price brackets. Has anyone actually compared the two. Greatly appreciate your views.

My sys - Mac MA6900,Linn CDP,TDL Reference studio monitors.

Thanks,
Dylon

dilly

Showing 2 responses by dilly

Thanks for the reply Arthur. I too agree with you on the functionality,looks,build on the C2200. I just love it.
But the M99 costs half the price. Had they both cost the same i would take the Mac in a wink. If we forget the brands & the prices could you please explain how the M99 sounds,in comparison to the C2200.Appreciate your help.

Regards,
Dylon
I plan on using a Mcintosh SS poweramp, either the MC252 or MC352.Until i can afford it i will be using the amp section of the MA6900 integrated.